Acupuncture is a complex medical system that is used to diagnose and treat illness, prevent disease and improve well being. It originated in China more than 3,000 years ago and due to it’s proven effectiveness has been embraced throughout the world. It involves the insertion of extremely fine pre-sterilised needles at predetermined points on the body’s surface to restore health.
Acupuncture can be used alone or combined with Western Medicine or with other forms of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) such as Herbal Medicine, Moxibustion (Heat Treatment), Qigong, (Theraputic Exercise) and Tui-na (Chinese massage)
The following are conditions for which the World Health Organization (WHO) has deemed Acupuncture to be an effective treatment.
- Cervical Spondylitis, Torticollis, Rheumatiod Arthritis.
- Stiff Neck and Shoulder Pain, Periarthritis Humeroscapularis, Frozen Shoulder.
- Lumbar Pain, Vertebral Joint Syndrome, Degenerative Joint Disease, Intervertebral Disc Syndromes.
- Bursitis and Tendonitis. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow, Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Coxarthrosis, Coxarthritis, Gonarthrosis, Pain in the Knee Joint. Joint Swelling.
- Sprains, such as Acute and Chronic Lumbar Sprain, Soft Tissue Sprain, Muscle Strain.
- Motor Impairment and Muscular Atrophy or Numbness.
- Various Sports Injuries.
Mental Disturbances and Illnesses
- Depression, Stress and Anxiety, Exhaustion Conditions, Agitation, Poor Memory.
- Apoplexy, Hysteria.
- Sleep Disturbances (Insomnia, Lethargy).
- Drug, Alcohol, and Nicotine Addition.
- Overweight, Weight Loss.
- Pyelonephritis, Urinary Infections, Chronic Glomerulonephritis.
- Psychogenic Urological Symptoms.
- Enuresis, Dysuria, Retention of Urine and Stranguria.
- Acne Vulgaris, Leg Ulcers, Deficient Wound Healing, Eczema, Neurodermatitis, Psoriasis, Herpes Simplex and Herpes Zoster, Urticaria.
- Common Cold and Flu, Sore Throat, Cough, Sinusitis.
- Chronic Bronchitis, Bronchial Asthma, Painful Respiration.
- Hay Fever.
- Chronic Simple Pharyngitis.
- Coronary Heart Disease with Angina Pectoris, Cardiac Pain, Cardiac Neurosis, Palpitation.
- Exhaustion Conditions in Heart Disease.
- Hypertension, Hypotension.
- Disturbances of Peripheral Blood Supply.
- Headache and Migraine, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Intercostal Neuralgia, Occipital, Brachial Neuralgia.
- Multiple Neuritis, Sciatica, Neurasthenia, Peripheral Nerve Damage.
- Hemiparesis, Facial Paresis, Cerebral Palsy.
- Motion Sickness.
- Impotence, Premature Ejaculation, Nocturnal Emission.
- Penile Pain.
Acute Disorders and Emergencies
- Fainting, Collapse, Epileptic Fits, Grand Mal, Acutely Painful Conditions.
- Gastritis, Gastroenteritis, Gastric and Duodenal Ulcers, Nausea, Vomiting, Jaundice, Poor Appetite and Anorexia, Hemorrhoids, Hematochezia and Hematermesis.
- Abdominal distention, Borborygmus and Hiccups, Hypoglycemia, Hepatitis, Edema.
- Cholangitis, Cholecystitis, Biliary Dyskinesia, Biliary Colic.
- Diarrhea, Dysentery and Indigestion, Constipation, Irritable Bowel Disease (Colitis).
- Prolapse of Rectum, Hernias.
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), Vaginitis, Pruritus Valvae.
- Problems related to Pregnancy: Morning sickness, Back Pain, Threatened Miscarriage, Insomnia, Hypertension, Malposition of Foetus, Induction to Labour, Postnatally, Post-Natal Depression, Anxiety and Fatigue, Urinary Incontinence, Insufficient Lactation, Prolapse of Uterus.
- Climacteric Syndrome.
- Pain Caused by Gynecological Tumors.
Disorders of the Sense Organs
- Deafness, Tinnitus and Earaches, Meniere’s Syndrome, Dizziness, Motion Sickness, Labyrinthitis.
- Chronic and Acute Conjunctivitis, Visual Deficiency.
- Chronic Simple Rhinitis, Allergic Rhinitis.